I said not once, that I don’t like “lists” and “bullet posts” at all, but they’re recommended by all! It’s SEO and “viral blogging” actually. They are all, right in saying that. It’s not a matter of keywords as it is a subliminal command of check it! It’s easy to read, :). I wish my posts to be easy. They are not. I am sorry for that, without explaining more, which is better. I read a G+ introduction which said: “I write. I talk too much.” Seems to be a fine description of myself. I talk too much and some people get hurt sometimes. But where is the list in this post? Let me see, it’s about egotism.
Egotism in blogging is expressed in not taking people along with you, when you grow your blog. Your blog grows with back linking and with a constant number of dedicated readers, or even with new ones every day, traffic.
- One sign of egotism is by not allowing comments. This is not good, to publish regularly on a blog and not giving others the meanings of expressing themselves, is egotistical. No disclaims are justified.
- Another sign is by allowing comments, but not allowing you to leave your link. The famous on-line magazines do this. They’re afraid of any kind of challenge. Not all of them, of course, there are some “top hundred” which allow you to contribute “publicly” not anonymously.
- Very egotistical is to let you comment by your “profile”, be it Blogger or WordPress.com, which is as anonymous as it gets. You see, blogspot and free wordpress aren’t counting for Technorati, and counts with very little significance to Alexa Ranking. To put a nice blessing for the “blogspotters”, Google accords them a +1 to their PR, which is artificial and does more bad than good. PR number, Page Ranking number actually, is some traffic counting based “degree” of your site, where the newbie has a PR 0, and Google has PR 10. I discovered that a blogspot blog with 5-10 visits per day can achieve a PR 3, after three months of life. What is Technorati? Google it!
- Also, allowing a third part to “manage” your comments, like Disqus, a wonderful plugin, a social media connecting site in itself, or Intense Debate, almost the same thing. You comment by making a profile with them, and you’re actually linked with them, not with the site or blog you left your precious commentary. The thing with Intense Debate is that they allow a lot more things, so it’s the way the user manipulates it, that makes him an ass or not.
- The worse of all is the one who allow you to leave your URL but applies a “no-follow” to it and… you’re not connected, actually. You don’t know that, you discover this just after the three months Alexa update.
- I’ve met people who think they are “famous” and won’t link with you if your PR is not minimum 3 (they having a PR 3). They are egotistical and stupid.
- There are people with some kind of disclaimer proclaiming that they do not exchange links with no matter who because they don’t want. They’re just stupid, not egotistical, but the internet is full of the kind. There are “bloggers” who claim that they exchanged links in the past and they saw how bad it was, with all that spam and all… If you meet something like this… just leave the page, your time is precious, and as James Altucher said on his high ranking blog, “reading crap and having drinks with friends is highly non-useful time consuming”, so you have to better plan your time in order to achieve your goals, if you have them.
Back linking is the spine of SEO, the search engine optimization, so, my advice is to be open. I have used Disqus for a few months and I didn’t realize why people were somehow retained in commenting on this blog, too many “log in” forms, especially when this one is working very, very slow, and no linking after all. I know that there are still roaming free on the internet, some people who really don’t need your support, so they don’t care about your linking or not, but most of them just don’t know they use a misconduct, actually, they’re too busy.
If you liked what you read (and for that I humbly thank you for your patience), subscribe to this blog by Email! Follow this blog on Twitter, on Facebook, and on Google+! For a joyous day, check out my pins on Pinterest or my grams on Instagram 😄. I hope you like this blog so much that you think it’s time to take a step further by becoming yourself a blogger; in order to do that have the kindness to read the Own Your Website offer I have prepared for you! You won’t regret. Thanks for passing by 😄 Speak your mind, don’t be shy!