This is not my list, it is the imdb list, called STARmeter, which is a poll using proprietary algorithms that take into account several measures of popularity for people, titles and companies. The primary measure is who and what people are looking at on the IMDb.com and IMDbPro websites. This can’t be rigged because rankings are based on a cumulative total of more than 3 billion pageviews per month. Imdb has designed the ranking algorithm so that the actions of one user (or small group of users) has a limited impact. It monitors STARmeterTM rankings for any possible fraudulent traffic generation, and the algorithm is periodically improved to detect and neutralize any other attempts.
STARmeter Top 100 of 2012
1. Tom Hardy
15 September 1977, Hammersmith, London, England, UK
Being Bane, acting in a comedy film and in another “action” movie in 2012 seem to be enough to generate the number of searches to push someone on this top! The guy is worthy, he worked hard anyway.
2. Jennifer Lawrence
15 August 1990, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Hunger Games, of course… Only Miss Lawrence is also a young emerging talent. She was Oscar nominee for her Winter’s Bone role, Ree.
3. Chris Hemsworth
11 August 1983, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Thor, The Avengers, The Cabin in the Woods (what a horror, a disaster), 20 pounds of muscles, and a “towering” reputation. Reminds me physically of James Hetfield, otherwise married and no more available.
4. Joseph Gordon-Levitt
17 February 1981, Los Angeles, California, USA
Not the most talented actor who ever made this list, which is a popularity one. Being a Nolan favorite has it’s perks…
5. Christian Bale
30 January 1974, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK
Good, very good. Another Nolan’s favorite, only this one is more than that.
6. Channing Tatum
26 April 1980, Cullman, Alabama, USA
I know him from Step Up. Talented dancer, and not more. People may like him for his looks. He is part in three Top 25 Box Office movies this year, and that says a lot.
7. Johnny Depp
9 June 1963, Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
Famous good looking Johnny, who has tons of talent, stuck with Captain Jack Sparrow, Tim Burton, his yacht and his passion for Capricorn females. Famous Tarantino says he would love to work with Johnny Depp, and says he needs to write a perfect character for the actor.
8. Emma Stone
6 November 1988, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Emma Stone. Wow! No need for more words.
9. Josh Hutcherson
12 October 1992, Union, Kentucky, USA
Ugly Peta has talent as well. He was a child actor in Bridge to Terabithia, and an executive producer for 2011 Detention. He’s now famous for co-starring No.2 in this list, Lawrence, in The Hunger Games
10. Kristen Stewart
9 April 1990, Los Angeles, California, USA
The horny Bella Swan who looks like a junkie in real life. If Twilight was any good, Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (2012) was also good. The rest is only filling.
11. Ryan Gosling
12 November 1980, London, Ontario, Canada
A heartthrob. Cool.
12. Liam Hemsworth
13 January 1990, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Younger brother of Thor, engaged with Miley Cyrus. New wave of young and worthless actors.
13. Jeremy Renner
7 January 1971, Modesto, California, USA
Talented actor. The movies he’s acting in, aren’t the best I’ve ever seen.
14. George Clooney
6 May 1961, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
A rewarded Hollywood star.
15. Anne Hathaway
12 November 1982, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA
Classy Ann Hathaway is as talented without wearing underwear, as she is when wearing it. A real actress and star.
16. Liam Neeson
7 June 1952, Ballymena, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland, UK
Battleship, being Zeus and acting in both versions of Taken, as well as his Irishness, are good pushes for popularity. Blackie O’Neill co-starring Jenny Seagrove in A Woman of Substance.
17. Chloë Grace Moretz
10 February 1997, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Young and talented vampire.
18. Michael Fassbender
2 April 1977, Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
A sudden appearance in American cinema. He is a Tarantino push up. I don’t think I ever noticed him before Basterds.
19. Robert Downey Jr.
4 April 1965, New York City, New York, USA
He has his own dedicated post here. One of my favorite actors.
20. Mila Kunis
14 August 1983, Chernovtsy, Ukrainian SSR, USSR [now Chernivtsi, Ukraine]
Meg’s voice in Family Guy, good looking enough to act in whatever forgettable romantic comedy .
21. Scarlett Johansson
22 November 1984, New York City, New York, USA
She’s a famous Jewish actress, what do we know?
22. Leonardo DiCaprio
11 November 1974, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA
The Star per excellence. Like Clooney, he is one of the busiest actors in Hollywood.
23. Daniel Craig
2 March 1968, Chester, Cheshire, England, UK
The last James Bond. The best James Bond. He’s good in what he plays.
24. Brad Pitt
18 December 1963, Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA
Another real star who is sometimes able to act.
25. Tom Cruise
3 July 1962, Syracuse, New York, USA
Famous for his marriages, famous for his beliefs. Very talented.
From here on, the list continues without pictures. Please visit imdb.com to see more. All above pics are credited there.
- 26. Jason Statham
- 12 September 1967, Derbyshire, England, UK.
- British actor known for his blockbusters.
- 27. Elizabeth Banks
- 10 February 1974, Pittsfield, Massachusetts, USA.
- Beautiful and talented, known especially from roles in Apatow’s productions.
- 28. Bruce Willis
- 19 March 1955, Idar-Oberstein, West Germany.
- He is a star who, by being a star, gives work to a whole bunch of extras.
- 29. Christopher Nolan
- 30 July 1970, London, England, UK.
- Batman‘s creator himself makes the popularity list.
- 30. Chris Evans
- 13 June 1981, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- I have never realized Evans is so young.
- 31. Rooney Mara
- 17 April 1985, Bedford, New York, USA.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo. Beautiful and talented.
- 32. Rachel McAdams
- 17 November 1978, London, Ontario, Canada.
- A favorite of mine. Excellent actress.
- 33. Robert Pattinson
- 13 May 1986, Barnes, London, England, UK.
- Edward “The Hair”. Otherwise remarkable for his relationship with Bella Swan.
- 34. Andrew Garfield
- 20 August 1983, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Another guy who is famous for his relationship. Talent? Long way. He’s Emma Stones boyfriend.
- 35. Charlize Theron
- 7 August 1975, Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa.
- A real deal of an actress.
- 36. Kate Beckinsale
- 26 July 1973, Finsbury Park, London, England, UK.
- Selene is classy and sleek. They copied her moves in other movies.
- 37. Natalie Portman
- 9 June 1981, Jerusalem, Israel.
- Dropped from 2011 first place. Israel is not her birthplace, is where she “feel at home”. She’s just ok, not talented, not quite a comedy actress, famous for her relationships.
- 38. Henry Cavill
- 5 May 1983, Jersey, Channel Islands, UK.
- I, personally, don’t know this guy.
- 39. Zooey Deschanel
- 17 January 1980, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Very good and pleasant, like Emily Blunt, only Blunt is better.
- 40. Mark Wahlberg
- 5 June 1971, Dorchester, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- I don’t know what to think of him. Sometimes he’s a doushe.
- 41. Matt Bomer
- 11 October 1977, Spring, Texas, USA.
- I don’t know what he’s doing here.
- 42. Ryan Reynolds
- 23 October 1976, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- The good looking short time husband of Scarlett Johansson.
- 43. Lena Headey
- 3 October 1973, Hamilton, Bermuda.
- The patriot Queen of Sparta.
- 44. Nicolas Cage
- 7 January 1964, Long Beach, California, USA.
- Untired. Untired of all the shit he’s appearing in.
- 45. Tom Hiddleston
- 9 February 1981, Westminster, London, England, UK.
- Loki. What a waste…
- 46. Anna Kendrick
- 9 August 1985, Portland, Maine, USA
One never know her name. She is here and there.
- 47. Olivia Wilde
- 10 March 1984, New York City, New York, USA.
- Remarkable. All over place.
- 48. Tom Hanks
- 9 July 1956, Concord, California, USA.
- What’s good never die. I can’t wait to see Cloud Atlas!
- 49. Michael Clarke Duncan
- 10 December 1957, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Date of Death: 3 September 2012, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- He recently died, otherwise, he would have been forgoten, like Bernie Mac. Where is Bernie Mac on this list? He was a real talent. Michael Clarke Duncan? From The Green Mile, only we never knew his name.
- 50. Noomi Rapace
- 28 December 1979, Hudiksvall, Gävleborgs län, Sweden.
- The original Swedish Girl with the Dragon Tatoo. The moment Guy Ritchie saw her and distributed her, sky will bw the limit for her career. A lot of flesh showing for a Capricorn, but we know what she’s doing, right? She climbs.
- 51. Emilia Clarke
- 1987, London, England, UK.
- You see, she doesn’t even have a proper imdb page, but she’s good looking. These days seems to be enough.
- 52. Taylor Kitsch
- 8 April 1981, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
- TV actor…
- 53. Sylvester Stallone
- 6 July 1946, New York City, New York, USA.
- Worse every year. His glory is long gone. I’m tired of his kitsch.
- 54. Gary Oldman
- 21 March 1958, New Cross, London, England, UK.
- As usual, very good in freaky roles.
- 55. Emily Blunt
- 23 February 1983, Roehampton, London, England, UK.
- She’s almost perfect. Very pleasant to the eye.
- 56. Adam Sandler
- 9 September 1966, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA.
- Of course, he’s a brand one will never miss.
- 57. Cobie Smulders
- 3 April 1982, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- How I Met Your Mother? Of course. Now we know her name too, she was in The Avengers… She’s not her fault.
- 58. Benedict Cumberbatch
- 19 July 1976, London, England, UK.
- Yeah, yeah… second hand.
- 59. Will Smith
- 25 September 1968, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Fresh Prince.
- 60. Marion Cotillard
- 30 September 1975, Paris, France”C’est la vie, n’est-ce pas?” A place too low for her. What, people don’t want to be cheated?
- 61. Arnold Schwarzenegger
- 30 July 1947, Thal, Styria, Austria.
- He made the list! For The Expendables 2? This is wrong….
- 62. Gerard Butler
- 13 November 1969, Paisley, Scotland, UK.
- Another genuine star. People love him.
- 63. Blake Lively
- 25 August 1987, Tarzana, California, USA.
- What now?
- 64. Denzel Washington
- 28 December 1954, Mount Vernon, New York, USA.
- After The Book of Eli, I thought he’s going to step in Cage’s shoes. I know I’m too subtle here, but I’m not going to explain.
- 65. Amanda Seyfried
- 3 December 1985, Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Refreshing. She also got a voice.
- 66. Kaley Cuoco
- 30 November 1985, Camarillo, California, USA.
- TV star and blond.
- 67. Matt Damon
- 8 October 1970, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Matt Damon – Team America…
- 68. Angelina Jolie
- 4 June 1975, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- When does CFR Angelina the time to act? She’s so busy….
- 69. Emma Watson
- 15 April 1990, Paris, France.
- Hermione is famous by all means.
- 70. Maggie Grace
- 21 September 1983, Columbus, Ohio, USA.
- Up and rising. Extremely remarkable.
- 71. Amy Adams
- 20 August 1974, Vicenza, Veneto, Italy.
- Is she already too old to make it higher?
- 72. Alex Pettyfer
- 10 April 1990, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England, UK.
- Forgettable movies. I’ve seen some. Waste of my time.
- 73. Zac Efron
- 18 October 1987, San Luis Obispo, California, USA.
- Nice and good looking.
- 74. Keira Knightley
- 26 March 1985, Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK.
- Undeservingly low position.
- 75. Clint Eastwood
- 31 May 1930, San Francisco, California, USA
- This list’s mummy.
- 76. Jonah Hill
- 20 December 1983, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Very talented and busy too.
- 77. Quentin Tarantino
- 27 March 1963, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA.
- People don’t forget such a douche.
- 78. Amber Heard
- 22 April 1986, Austin, Texas, USA.
- One of the most beautiful rising stars. Talented too. Bisexual. Johnny Depp loose his minds over her. He named a beach on his private island, “Amber Heard”.
- 79. Edward Norton
- 18 August 1969, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
- Good for overreacting psychos. Very good.
- 80. Will Ferrell
- 16 July 1967, Irvine, California, USA.
- He is born in the most hilarious sign of the Zodiac. If he will retreat, he still will be popular.
- 81. Jim Parsons
- 24 March 1973, Houston, Texas, USA.
- Another TV star.
- 82. Jim Carrey
- 17 January 1962, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada.
- Depressed comic, a talent.
- 83. Heath Ledger
- 4 April 1979, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Date of Death: 22 January 2008, Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA.
- Great loss.
- 84. Jennifer Aniston
- 11 February 1969, Sherman Oaks, California, USA.
- She was with Brad Pitt.
- 85. Bradley Cooper
- 5 January 1975, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- People look after him on imdb because they don’t really know his name and they want to avoid to mistakenly watch a movie with him, especially now when he’s emerging. I’m already tired of him.
- 86. Robert De Niro
- 17 August 1943, New York City, New York, USA.
- Unbelievable, to be famous and in the same time, less popular on imdb than Bradley Cooper!
- 87. Guy Pearce
- 5 October 1967, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England, UK.
- Smart and arrogant characters. Good. I used to confuse him with Mark Whalberg.
- 88. Hugh Jackman
- 12 October 1968, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- Wolverine became famous as a hacker in Swordfish. It was ciberpunkish, I mean, real trash.
- 89. Ian Somerhalder
- 8 December 1978, Covington, Louisiana, USA.
- Another TV vampire. I don’t waste my time with such trash.
- 90. Jessica Biel
- 3 March 1982, Ely, Minnesota, USA.
- The young and beautiful talent from London, now married with Timberlake. She is here, he isn’t.
- 91. Eva Green
- 5 July 1980, Paris, France.
- She was young and willful. The only actress who shows front view of her vagina since Sharon Stone.
- 92. James Franco
- 19 April 1978, Palo Alto, California, USA.
- People’s memory is short.
- 93. Kristen Bell
- 18 July 1980, Huntington Woods, Michigan, USA.
- Good and short stature comedian, almost a midget.
- 94. Mark Ruffalo
- 22 November 1967, Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA.
- I really don’t know what is this guy doing on this list. For The Avengers? This is sick.
- 95. Bryan Cranston
- 7 March 1956, San Fernando Valley, California, USA.
- Cohaagen, huh?
- 96. Dakota Fanning
- 23 February 1994, Conyers, Georgia, USA
- It’s not enough to be vampire. She’s very talented. She votes for the Oscars. She’s a member, like Beyoncee and Steve Carrell. Only Steve Carrell is good playing drama.
- 97. Kat Dennings
- 13 June 1986, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- What’s with this Charlie Bartlett girl? She is remarkable enough to make the list.
- 98. Chris Pine
- 26 August 1980, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- I recently learned his name, two or three years ago, I think. He did and he is doing a lot of filling.
- 99. Milla Jovovich
- 17 December 1975, Kiev, Ukrainian SSR, USSR [now Ukraine].
- Former model with brains, maybe to artistic for the American public. Very beautiful.
- 100. Jake Gyllenhaal
- 19 December 1980, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Close friends with Portman? They visit “The Holy Land” together three times per year? Nothing wrong with that, I’m only joking.
That’s all, folks, don’t blame me. I didn’t make the list. I’ll tell you my personal top 20 of all times in the matter of actors, but later.
If you liked what you read (and for that I humbly thank you for your patience), subscribe to this blog by Email! Follow this blog on Twitter, on Facebook, and on Google+! For a joyous day, check out my pins on Pinterest or my grams on Instagram 😄. I hope you like this blog so much that you think it’s time to take a step further by becoming yourself a blogger; in order to do that have the kindness to read the Own Your Website offer I have prepared for you! You won’t regret. Thanks for passing by 😄 Speak your mind, don’t be shy!